Monday, March 17, 2014

And a Happy St. Pat's To You!

My Chalkboard :)


We have had such a fun March! I hope you guys have too! For a look back at some of my family's favorite St. Patrick's Day traditions, treats and books - check out my St. Patrick's Day post from last year!


It's been so fun to see the difference just a year makes in my son's involvement and enjoyment of holidays and traditions! Now that he's two, he's starting to get so much more and be so much more involved in the activities we do- I love it!


First off, we had a really fun time playing with buddies at our playgroup's St. Patrick's Day Party at the Park! We all wore green and brought a green treat or snack and then let the kids play and eat to their hearts content. Beckam LOVED it!  





We had some shamrock decorating fun too with paper scraps, stickers and markers! 








I don't know about your kids but my son LOVES LOVES LOVES Play-Doh. We have to buy it in bulk that is how much he loves it. I can't even save money with the homemade versions because all I would be doing all day is making play-doh over a hot stove in order to keep up with his demands ;) It's so much easier to have it stocked up in the closet. So needless to say green Play-Doh with shamrock cookie cutters was a hit with him!






By the way, I found this awesome packet full of TONS of cute St. Patrick's Day educational activities for toddlers at oopseydaisyblog.com. It even has cute alphabet letter flashcards on green shamrocks that you can print off! Beckam and I had fun working on this packet together and doing some of the activities.  Download your own free copy of it HERE! 



We also did a Shamrock Hunt around our house which was really fun. I just hid paper shamrocks in each room and then we went hunting for them. Beckam was so funny every time he saw one- he would get so excited!








 On St. Patrick's Day morning Beckam woke up to a little mischief and a surprise gift from the leprechauns!

                    


His surprise was hidden behind our kitchen stools that had been knocked over by the leprechauns.



This pretty much sums up how he felt about his leprechaun loot :)




And then like so many of you, we had our green pancakes for breakfast!



So glad I got to celebrate the day with this goofball :)






Last but not least, we finished the day off with our annual Irish dinner. We were so lucky to have some of our good friends over to join us!




IRISH SODA BREAD



CORN BEEF

COLCANNON







HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!  




2 comments:

  1. Love all your great ideas! I was looking at some of your summer units and was wondering if you could email the details of those. I think you mentioned that your mom did a bunch of summer units that looked really fun too. My email is daniellehinckley@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie! I love your blog and I loved your Passover post. I've always wanted to start that tradition for my own family and you have so many good ideas.

    ReplyDelete